Student Organization Registration
Welcome to Student Organization Registration!! The registration process serves to provide current information to the Dean of Students office and the University population at large. We are also interested in encouraging each organization to set goals for the academic year based on the founding principles and mission of their respective organizations. To that end, we require students to provide an updated copy of their constitution every year. Current copies of constitutions are on file and may be obtained upon emailed request. Each organization must receive approval from the Office of Student Organizations in order to be considered a recognized Vanderbilt organization and to receive the following services:
- Use of the Vanderbilt University name to identify institutional affiliation
- Use of University meeting rooms and facilities for free or reduced rate
- The opportunity to use equipment in the Sarratt Student Center
- Free organizational consulting and training by University administrators
- Membership on VULEADER, the student leader list-serve, maintained by Student Organizations
- Eligibility to apply for funding from various sources on campus
- Use of the Vanderbilt accounting system, with financial planning consultation available
- Access to organizational mailbox
- Access to free publicity in publications and submit events to the online University Calendar (http://calendar.vanderbilt.edu).
- Use of campus bulletin boards and kiosks to promote organizational activities
The Registration Process
We are excited you have decided to renew your organization’s registration or start a new organization. Please read each step of the process carefully. New organizations registering for the first time must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the registration materials for notification purposes.
The following steps are required to complete the registration process:
- Log into Anchor Link at https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu and create a user profile.
- Organization desiring to register will go to the “Organization Directory”and click on “Register a new organization”.
- The registration process will be completed online. Please review the list below for the materials you will need in order to complete the process.
Items you will need to complete the Student Organization Registration Process:
- Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and VUnetID for the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary;
- Name, Email Address and Phone Number for the Faculty or Staff Advisor;
- Electronic Version of the Organization’s Constitution to upload;
- Electronic Version of the Officer and Adviser Affirmation Form, signed by the Officer and Adviser. The Form can be scanned in Sarratt 207 and should be uploaded as part of the registration process;
- Electronic profile picture;
- Vanderbilt.edu email addresses for all members either separated by commas or entered one address per line.
NEW organizations are required to fill out the Center Number Request Form in order to have an on campus account for organization financial transactions. This form should accompany your registration in hard copy form.
Please contact Courtney Salters, Director, Student Organizations and Governance at email@example.com should you have questions.