Home » Renewing Your Org
Renewing Your Org
How to Renew Your Organization’s Registration
Student leaders must renew the registration of their organization each year by completing a the registration process within Anchor Link. Renewal instructions can be found here. The registration process serves to provide current information to Dean of Students office and the University population at large. Organizations are encouraged to examine their missions and memberships and to set goals for the academic year.
Student organizations are required to provide a current constitution each year. The copy of the constitution must be uploaded within the registration form. Each organization must receive approval from the Office of Student Organizations in order to be considered a recognized Vanderbilt organization and to receive the following services:
- Use of the Vanderbilt name to identify institutional affiliation
- Use of University meeting rooms and facilities
- Opportunity to use equipment in Sarratt Student Center
- Use of the Vanderbilt accounting system
- Free organizational consulting and training by University administrators
- Participation in the annual Student Organization Fair
In addition, student organizations must have officers and advisers. Officers must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, and may not be on academic or disciplinary probation. Officers must be full-time registered students as defined by their colleges or schools. Advisers must be faculty or staff who are full-time, permanent employees of the University.
If you have questions about renewing your organization’s registration, please call the Office of Student Organizations and Governance at 322-2471.