Only current registered Vanderbilt Student Organizations and Departments are eligible to use the Mobile Micros (Card Reader) Unit.
Groups are required to have tickets on sale with the Sarratt Box Office in order to use the equipment.
A reservation must be made through the Sarratt Box Office Manager at least 48 hours prior to pick up for use on Rand Wall and at least 1 week prior to pick up for the use at the event. Any requests after the stated time frame are judged on a case by case basis by the Assistant Director of Box Office Manger.
A Sarratt Box Office Event Setup Agreement must be completed and on file at the time of reservation. Student Organizations must also reserve a table on the wall or space for the event. Use of the Mobile Micros Unit will be given on a first come, first serve basis to those organization that properly complete the process.
A Vanderbilt University center number must be present on the signed Sarratt Box Office Event Setup Agreement.
The Mobile Micros Unit can be utilized at the Rand wall from 11am to 2pm or at designated event venues. Usage will be considered on availability of the equipment and staff required.
Sarratt Box Office will transfer funds from ticket sales via internal transfer (VU center number). This transfer will take place up to four (4) weeks after the event date.
Fees associated with ticket services will be deducted from the ticket sales revenue; or in the case of minimal revenue, fees will be deducted directly from the center number provided.
The requesting Vanderbilt Student Organization are responsible for the following fees:
Rand Wall Usage
- Mobile Micros Unit can be used once free of charge with the set-up of tickets through Ticketmaster. Mobile Micros Unit may be used additional days at a rate of $10 per day.
- Two usages may be scheduled at the time of ticket set-up. Any additional days may be scheduled by contacting the Box Office Manager no more than 48 hours in advance and no less than 12 hours in advance of this additional use. To promote equitable use of the equipment among student organizations, additional days are reserved on a first come first serve basis and with the discretion of the Box Office Manager.
- Tickets issued for sale on the Mobile Micros are the responsibility of the organization. Payment must be received in some form, whether cash or commodore card, for the value of the tickets issued upon the return of the Mobile Micros. Any shortage will be deducted from the ticket sales revenue; or in the case of minimal revenue, fees will be deducted directly from the center number provided. NOTE: Only preprints requested for sale with the Mobile Micros can be sold with the Mobile Micros
- If the equipment is not returned within one hour of the listed return time, or if the system is returned in a disorderly fashion, an additional fee of $50.00 will be charged to the student organizations’ center number on file. If any of the equipment listed on the equipment release form is not returned or is damaged after use, the quoted price will be charged to the student organization.
- Cancellation Policy—Student Organization can cancel the reservation for the Mobile Micros unit, so long as the reservation is cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the event. In the case that the cancellation occurs after the 48 hour window, or the Student Organization fails to pick up the machine, the Student Organization will be charged $10.00 usage fee. If the Box Office Manager cancels the reservation due to weather conditions, the student organization will not be penalized.
- During the Fall semester of 2011 VSG shall select 15-20 events to test pilot the expansion of the Mobile Micros program.
- Student organizations will be required to pay for the staff required to be present to operate and trouble shoot the device ($8/ hour/staff member). There is a 2 hour minimum with one staff member ($16). Large events will require more staff per box office manager’s discretion.
- Cancellation Policy—Student Organizations can cancel the reservation for the Mobile Micros unit for their event, so long as the reservation is cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the event. In the case that the cancellation occurs after the 48 hour window, the Student Organization will still be charged for the staff member(s) scheduled. NOTE: Only preprints requested for sale with the Mobile Micros can be sold with the Mobile Micros. The Mobile Micros will only allow organizations to accept the Commodore Card as a method of payment, NOT credit cards.
- The $0.50 facility fee attached to each ticket printed with a face value will apply to all tickets sold through the Mobile Micros Unit. This fee will be assessed at the point of purchase and is the responsibility of the patron. For example, if the requested ticket price is $9.50, patrons will actually pay $10.00
An Equipment Release Form will be filled out at the time of pick up by a member of the Sarratt Box Office and an event representative. All items checked out will be listed on this form with corresponding prices related to damage or loss of said item.
The Equipment Release Form will be completed at the time of drop off by a member of the Sarratt Box Office and an event representative. All items checked out will be checked back in. If any item(s) is missing or damaged the corresponding price related to said item will be charged to the student organizations’ center number on file.
The Mobile Micros Policy may be adjusted during the expansion period of the 2011-12 academic year.