It is the goal of Sarratt Student Center to provide a venue for student groups and Vanderbilt departments to promote events and happenings. We have developed a group of policies designed to promote a fair and equitable use of space within the Sarratt Student Center. Should you have questions about the policies please contact Campus Events at 322-2471.
- All postings must be approved and stamped at the Sarratt Student Life Center Information Desk.
- Any posting not endorsed with a date stamp from the Sarratt Student Center Information Desk will be removed.
- Approved postings include those from student organizations or university departments for programs benefiting the Vanderbilt community. No commercial materials may be posted in the student centers.
- All posting must identify the event, the event sponsor, and the time and date of the event.
- Posting is only permitted on bulletin boards within the Sarratt Student Center. No posting is permitted on any painted surface, glass surface (including mirrors), door, or windows.
- Maximum number of posters for each area is limited to one of the following:Two (2) 8.5” X 11” OR One (1) up to 11” X 17” OR One (1) large poster (no larger than 2’ X 3’)
- Only thumbtacks are permitted on the bulletin boards – no staples, tape, or sticky tack please.
- Please be respectful of one another in the posting process. Please do not cover other’s flyers; if there are old postings on the board, groups may remove them to hang new ones.
- Posting is permitted beginning 2 weeks prior to the event date unless specifically approved by the facility staff.
- All postings must be removed by the sponsoring organization no later than two days after the event. All postings not removed by the organization or department will be removed by the facility staff.
- If an organization or group continually violates the posting policy, it may lose the privilege of posting in the Sarratt Student Center and may incur further sanctions through the Campus Events and Student Organizations and Governance Office.
- Bulletin boards are located on 3rd floor
We appreciate your respect and support of this policy. Any questions or concerns may be directed in person to Sarratt 207 or by phone at 322-2471.