Please read the hiring policies, qualifications for employment, and job descriptions before filling out the application(s) below.
Student Centers are an equal opportunity employer providing jobs to students. Alumni Hall, Commons Center, Kissam Center, Sarratt Student Center|Rand Hall, and the Student Life Center participate in both the Federal Work Study (FWS) and the Institutional Employment (IE) programs. Continued employment for each individual Student Center is not guaranteed from one semester to the next, but will be contingent on outstanding work performance.
STUDENT EMPLOYEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage task oriented operations
- Demonstrate integrity & responsible decision making
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Translate their on-campus experiences into professional skills
- Analyze and solve problems, individually and as part of a team
- Recognize their roles in Student Centers and how it helps fulfill our mission
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Student Center facilities, policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at Vanderbilt University.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with Vanderbilt University and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above during the term of their employment.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of the Student Center Facilities & Vanderbilt University.
- Applicants having previous customer service, cash register, and money handling experience is a plus.
- All staff members are expected to keep a neat & clean work environment, follow dress code regulations, conduct one’s self in a professional manner, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and abide by student-staff policies.
- Box Office Associate
- Centers Associate
- Facilities Manager
- Reservations Associate
- Reservation & Events Manager
- Set Up Team Member
- Student Technician