Student Campus Events – Strategic Planning 2010
The Mission of Student Campus Events is to facilitate diverse programming for the Vanderbilt Community that cultivates social engagement, artistic exploration and personal growth.
The Vision Statement of Student Campus Events is
to actively engage students in superior programming that enhances the Vanderbilt experience.
The Values of Student Campus Events are:
Strategic Issues & Strategies to Reach Goals
Strategic Issue: Student Leadership and Development
Goal: Develop and evaluate our student leaders which prepares them to become informed and accountable students.
- Provide students with more responsibilities that will enhance student ownership and accountability
- Provide a monthly professional development series for Vanderbilt Programming Board student leaders
- Provide students with the opportunity to participate in monthly professional development programming led by graduate student
Strategic Issue: Student Leader Assessment
Goal: Develop a culture of assessment and evaluation for students
- Administer student exec leaders a pre-evaluation that focuses on their past involvement with the Vanderbilt Programming Board.
- Administer student exec leaders and committee members with a pre and post assessment to monitor their growth in their skills set.
- Have student leaders and committee members provide a program assessment/review after each event.
Strategic Issue: Student Campus Events Office Identity and Branding
Goal: Increase the visibility and identity of Student Campus Events
- Establish a website specific to our office and functions
- Utilize the addition of student organization mailboxes to advertise our office and services
- Provide staff with clothing apparel that advertises our office
Strategic Issue: Emerging Technology and Social Networks
Goal: Coordinate technological initiatives and improvements for advertising events
- ·Market more programs on LCD Screens in all Student Centers on campus
- ·Set up Twitter and Facebook Fan Page for Student Campus Events
- ·Create a You Tube page that showcases various videos of our programs
Strategic Issue: Communication
Goal: Provide improvement of communication, since it is central to our work
- Provide a climate or culture that supports effective communication from students and staff
- Solicit feedback from individual staff members about their communication style
- To not take communication for granted
- Focus on the values of trust and openness that reinforces good communication practices
- Meet monthly with campus partners to discuss needs of particular programs (Student Center Staff, Vanderbilt University Police Department, Plant Operations, Vanderbilt Catering)
Strategic Issue: Professional Development
Goal: Provide staff with opportunities to grow professional and to acquire a broader skill set
- Enroll Senior Graphic Designer in web-based classes
- Encourage all staff to attend Professional Development Programs offered by the Office of Strategic Initiatives and Assessment
- Provide monthly Professional Development opportunities to staff
- Visit and meet with local Campus Activities University offices around Nashville and surrounding areas
- Attend selected Professional Development Courses offered by Vanderbilt University
Human Resources, LGBTQI, EAD and Financial Solutions:
-Effective Project Management Skills
-Conflict: Moving from Misunderstanding to Resolution
-Safe Zone LGBTQI Ally Training
-Alphabet Soup Training