Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Brionne Williams-Track & Field

Brionne Williams-Track & Field

Brionne Williams
Track & Field
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

Many factors led me to choose Vandy. I always knew I wanted to go to a prestigious university with great academics, but being an athlete I wanted to be somewhere where I could compete with the best of the best. Vanderbilt gave me the best of both worlds with academic excellence and SEC competition, in the middle of a beautiful city. It also helped that it was only 3 hours from home.

Right now I am applying to nursing schools. Eventually, I want to become a Family Care Nurse Practitioner. With this role I hope to create access to health care to those who need it most at a national and global level. I have always loved to travel, so before I get settled, I would like to travel and work in areas with the greatest disparities in health care.

Success at Vanderbilt takes a lot of focus and hard work. No one has it easy at this school but being a student-athlete makes it that much harder to be successful. Fortunately we have great resources through the academic support staff in our athletic department.

Time management and prioritization is key. I know I will always have to set out time for my rigorous coursework and training. But it is also important to remember that hanging out with my friends or taking time just for myself is what will keep me balanced.

I don’t really have any rituals, but I try not to stay up late cramming for an exam. I always get a good night of sleep and wake up with enough time to eat breakfast. I always put on my best outfit on test day because I firmly believe in the quote “If you look good, you feel good.”

“Do things with passion… or not at all.”- Anonymous

Important Dates

Oct. 27: Spring registration begins
Nov. 22-30: Thanksgiving Break

Student Athletes of the Month: