Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Irina Gabasa-Women’s Golf

Irina Gabasa-Women’s Golf

Irina Gabasa
Women’s Golf
Junior
Majors: International Economics 

I chose Vanderbilt because of the school’s great balance between academics and sports.  Not only is it a high ranked academic school, Vanderbilt also has one of the best collegiate golf programs in the nation.

Right now, I am still unsure about my career goals but I would like to try to turn professional or do something that is related to my major, International Economics. Whatever it is I decide to do, I just want it to be something that I enjoy and look forward to doing.

Time management, hard work and communication with professors are the keys to succeed in academics.

I’m not the type of person who does work weeks ahead. I like to take it week by week so I designate days around my class and golf schedule when I have to start doing a certain homework or project.

I don’t really have a specific ritual. Usually I like to go over my flashcards or notes over and over again.  Also, I make sure that I eat something before the test, even if it’s a small snack.

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -Albus Dumbledore

Important Dates

Oct. 9: Homecoming
Oct. 16-17: Fall Break
Oct. 27: Spring registration begins
Nov. 22-30: Thanksgiving Break

Student Athletes of the Month: