Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Tiffany Clarke-Women’s Basketball

Tiffany Clarke-Women’s Basketball

Tiffany Clarke
Women’s Basketball
Majors: Interdisciplinary and Human & Organizational Development

I chose Vanderbilt because I believe it contained the best of both worlds.  Vanderbilt is a school that provides a world class, world-ranked education, and a well known, nationally recognized basketball program.  At a lot of schools, you have to decide which is more important to you.  At Vanderbilt, I did not have to choose, I got both.

I hope to work in sports doing player development, or public relations.

It takes dedication.  Vanderbilt is challenging and one cannot give up.  It also takes hard work.  There are no easy classes here.  You have to study for everything, and put in the effort.  You can not come into Vanderbilt thinking this will be easy.

Time management.  I had to learn how long assignments would usually take, based on past experiences, and organize my time accordingly to that.  I take complete advantage of a calendar.  everything is written down in advance, so I know everything I have to complete.  This is how I am able to balance class, school, and homework.

I review before the class begins, take a deep breath, and tell myself “you got this.”

“Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want, is really worth fighting for.”-Unknown

Important Dates

Sept. 1: Labor Day
Sept. 12: Family Weekend
Oct. 9: Homecoming
Oct. 16-17: Fall Break

Student Athletes of the Month: