Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Jessica Earnest – Bowling

Jessica Earnest – Bowling

Jessica-Earnest

Junior, Major: Women and Gender Studies

Vanderbilt offered me the best of both worlds.  I have the opportunity to get a top 20 education, and I get to bowl for a very successful program.

I’m not sure what career path I am meant for.  However, I do know that I want to be in a position where I can make a difference in other’s lives, whatever that may be.

Determination is the first word that comes to mind.  Vanderbilt is not an easy school, but it has been worth the stress and tears. Vanderbilt has taught me that I am capable of more than what I imagined I was as far as academics are concerned.

I write everything down. Every night I write down what I need to accomplish for the day. This helps my time management, and it helps me stay busy.

Study, study, study, and study. The day of the test I try not to think about it. This keeps me as relaxed as I possibly can be.

“Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them. But do not let them master you.”  – Helen Keller

Why Jessica is a Student-Athlete of the Month…

Jessica is a great example of what hard work, determination, perseverance, and commitment can do for a person. By exhibiting these positive characteristics, she is experiencing success both in the classroom and in bowling. She completed an outstanding spring semester by recording her highest GPA and being named 2nd Team All American. I am looking forward to seeing her experience more success during her senior year.

Important Dates

Aug. 20: First day of Fall Classes
Sept. 12: Family Weekend
Oct. 9: Homecoming
Oct. 16-17: Fall Break

Student Athletes of the Month: