Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Javon Marshall – Football

Javon Marshall – Football

Javon Marshall

Senior, Major: Human and Organizational Development

I made the choice to attend Vanderbilt University based on the fact that I could get a great education without having to sacrifice the level of competition that the South Eastern Conference (SEC) provides in athletics.

After playing football, my career goals are to become a collegiate football coach and have the ability to give back knowledge and experience to athletes that hold the same position I have today.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt, you must have great time management skills. You must be able to balance your athletic and academic schedules; for example, starting a paper three weeks before it is due.

I handle my demanding schedule by planning ahead of time. I specifically set aside times daily to do certain work or study for certain tests ahead of time. Also developing relationships with your professors helps them to understand how demanding your schedule can be.

Before taking a test I simply take a deep breath, clear my mind, and say a small prayer. I understand that preparation
before the test is the only thing that can save me now!

“I used to cry because I had no shoes…until I met the man who had no feet (Always be thankful)” – Anonymous

Why Javon is a Student-Athlete of the Month…

Javon has been a wonderful student-athlete at Vanderbilt, both in the classroom and on the football field.  He is a model of character and integrity, with a deep loyalty to his family and friends.  He has been commended by a number of his professors for his excellence in the classroom, and he is becoming a leader by example both athletically and academically.  The future should be bright for Javon Marshall.

Important Dates

Dec. 4: Classes End
Dec. 5-13: Reading Days/Exams
Dec 14-Jan 4: Winter Break
Jan 5: Classes Begin

Student Athletes of the Month: