There may be health insurance implications for students dropping to part-time or taking a medical leave of absence. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section for answers to frequently asked questions regarding health insurance.
Vanderbilt University allows eligible students, who so elect, to continue enrollment under Vanderbilt’s Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan while on an approved leave of absence for a maximum of one year.
- Student must be currently enrolled in the University’s Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan
- Student must provide a copy of the leave of absence verification form signed by a dean or an advisor
- Student must intend to return to the University and remain a degree-seeking candidate
- Complete and submit the enrollment form with an approved copy of the leave of absence verification form (e.g., a letter from your school’s Dean or the Medical Director of the Student Health Center) to Gallagher Koster Insurance Agency no later than August 1, 2013 to ensure timely enrollment
- Coverage is effective August 12, 2013 through August 11, 2014
- Payment must be submitted by the August 1, 2013 deadline
- General Information
- How Much Will My Visit Cost?
- Student Health Insurance
- Confidentiality & Medical Excuses
- Services at Student Health
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Students
- For Parents
- Faculty & Staff: Resources for Helping Students In Distress
- Other Health Resources
- Community Resources for Students
- We Need Your Feedback