The Office of Strategic Initiatives and Assessment exists to coordinate and direct the strategic alignment and assessment practices for the entire Dean of Students division. SIA provides support and educational resources to enhance professional competencies of DOS staff for intentional cultivation and documentation of learning outcomes. Additionally SIA collaborates with DOS and university partners to foster and support strategic initiatives that advance the divisional and institutional mission.
- Build the foundation for the division to develop and engage in a culture of assessment to inform practice, accountability, improvement, intentional student learning and development
- Provide support and educational resources to cultivate professional competencies in staff and students
- Support the division in organizational development through standards and priorities based reviews, and data collection to inform continuous improvement efforts
- Foster collaborative relationships with academic and other partners to enhance the student living and learning experience
- Conduct research and compile reports to support divisional and institution-wide strategic efforts to augment service, program development and delivery