Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
Both Lifeguards and Swim Instructors interested in working at the VRWC Aquatics Department must be Lifeguard Training First Aid, and CPR / AED for the Professional Rescuer certified.
- Teaching experience required, swimming experience preferred
- Must be willing to teach all ages and abilities
- Vanderbilt Swim School has a set schedule for group and private lessons
- Must be able to relate with people of all ages
- Must arrive 15 minutes before schedule lesson to prepare or talk to participants about any concerns or questions they may have
- Future employment references and recommendations
If you are interested in becoming a VRWC Swim Instructor, please contact Jessica Doughtie.
- All Lifeguards must be willing to work early bird shifts
- All Lifeguards will work a few weekend shifts throughout the semester
- Must be able to fill in for 3 sub shifts throughout the semester
- Must be able to find own substitute if needed
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per week
- Lifeguard schedule is given at the beginning of the semester – Aquatics coordinator will schedule all lifeguards’ shifts.
- Must be able to attend mandatory orientation and in-services
- Job Responsibilities include: Ensuring the safety of pool patrons (ie. Scanning the pool water and deck), Picking up equipment, Sweeping and spraying off pool deck, Straightening up tables and chairs, Wiping down stainless steal, and any other duties as assigned
If interested in becoming a VRWC Lifeguard, please contact Jessica Doughtie.