While camp is open to children as young as four, some children are not yet ready for camp. Please make sure your camper is prepared by asking yourself the following:
- Is my child able to change his or her own clothing? Due to liability reasons, camp staff is instructed to not assist children in changing their clothes.
- Is my child able to tend to personal needs such as toileting and eating? Camp staff is not able to assist with personal needs.
- Will my child generally follow simple directions and rules in a structured setting? Most rules are set to ensure the safety of all campers, and children must be able to follow these rules.
- Does my child still need a nap every day? We are not able to provide naptime.
- Payments – payments may be made by cash, check, money order, debit / credit cards. Payroll deduction is not available. Make checks payable to Vanderbilt University.
- Insufficient Funds – you will be accessed a $30 returned check fee if your check is returned for insufficient funds. A letter from the Office of Campus Recreation will be mailed regarding this matter. Payment must be received in our office within 10 days of receiving notification.
Deposits, Cancellations & Refunds
- Balance must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Early care and late care cannot be carried over nor will refunds be given for non-use.
- Non-attendance does not entitle to a refund. No refunds or adjustments are granted for illness, vacation, or cancellation.
- Children sent home for disruptive behavior will not receive a refund.
- Outstanding balances resulting from returned checks must be cleared up before the child may enroll or attend any CampVandy programs.
Tax Identification Number
Vanderbilt University ID number for tax purposes is 62-0476822. This number is located on your receipt. Parents wishing to claim tax credit for child care will be responsible for maintaining their records.
Please note there will be a $25 administrative fee for duplicate receipts. Administrative fee payment must be received via cash or check prior to receiving duplicate receipt. Please allow ten business days for this information. Duplicate receipt can be picked up during office hours Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. or mailed to your home address. We cannot fax or mail receipts to your tax preparer.
Protection of Minors
Vanderbilt University personnel adhere to Tennessee state law on mandatory child abuse reporting to either the appropriate law enforcement agency or the state hotline operated by the Department of Children’s Service. In addition to external reporting, Vanderbilt has a mandatory internal child abuse reporting procedure. If you have reason to believe abuse or inappropriate behavior has occurred concerning a minor participating in a Vanderbilt University program, please consult the program director, or Risk and Insurance Management (615-936-0660), or report via the Vanderbilt hotline at 866-783-2287. The Tennessee Child Abuse reporting hotline number is 877-237-0004.