Spiritual Wellness is a personal matter involving values and beliefs that provide a purpose in our lives. While different individuals may have different views of what spiritualism is, it is generally considered to be the search for meaning and purpose in human existence, leading one to strive for a state of harmony with oneself and others while working to balance inner needs with the rest of the world. Being open to different cultures, religions, and spiritual philosophies.
- Spending time defining personal values and ethics and making decisions that complement them
- Spending time alone in personal reflection
- Participating in spiritual activities
- Caring about the welfare of others and acting out of that care
Holistic Union of Mind and Physicality strives to integrate the mind and body through lifestyle practices like meditation and yoga.
Office of the University Chaplain and Religious Life: Vanderbilt’s Office of Religious Life. Events Calendar
Locations of Spiritual and Quiet Places: These locations allow for time spent in personal reflection and character building. The Vanderbilt campus features plenty of areas that are quiet and peaceful, and can become important places for the practicing of what spiritual wellness means to you.
Student groups on campus: List of all religious student group on campus with website and contact information
Community Nashville: As an organization focused on “outreach and advocacy,” Community Nashville allows participants to show their caring for others through volunteer participation. Taking action on behalf of the community help to harmonize oneself with the world.
Nashville Churches: Nashville has plenty of places to worship for people of all denominations. More information about each specific ministry can be found by following the links to their website.
Make it Happen: If you know what you want out of your journey to spiritual wellness, check out this cool website that gives you access to hundreds of social events in the Nashville area! No matter what you believe in, you will find something to your liking!
Activities & Exercises to improve & interact with spiritual wellness
The spiritual benefits of yoga – Yoga isn’t just for soccer moms- it’s for everyone! Read about how yoga can cleanse your mind while promoting inner and outer harmony.
Meditation for Beginners - Everyone has to start somewhere! 20 tips for the beginner-level meditator. These are all super easy and can fit into the busy life of a college student.
7 Habits of Grateful People - Since our lives are constantly moving, it’s hard to take a moment to be thankful. Here are some tips!
16Personalities – Take this interactive personality test to learn more about your values and who you are as a person! The website provides results and analysis on your personality type.
How Spiritual are You? (printable quiz)
- Understanding Oneself: In this short article, Dr. Bruce Davis implores us to accept certain vulnerabilities and strengths of humanity. Recognizing these aspects of life can help us find an understanding of our inner soul and the values we believe in. Check out this article if you want to find out more on how to improve your spiritual wellness!
- Discovering What You Believe: Do you want to jump into your spiritual wellness goals, but don’t know where to start? This article will help you start thinking about what you want out of your spirituality and to which core beliefs you subscribe!
- Ritual Nudity for the Insecure (Article)
- Self Discovery in College – Read about this girl’s story and tips on how to connect to yourself amidst the busy college lifestyle.
- How Has Your Faith Changed? – College comes with lots of changes, perhaps even some to what you believe in. Read more about different college students’ stories on how their faith has changed in college.
The Wellness Center Team invites suggestions and community contributors to our Wellness Wheel pages-We are always looking to keep things fresh! If you have an article you’d like to see posted or would like to add your organization as a resource, please contact Jennifer Ray at email@example.com.