Home » Biggest Winner
7 Spots Left!(updated Sept 8, 2014)
This fun program is designed to help you build the skills necessary to reach your personal health and fitness goals. The program consists of weekly group training sessions and nutrition/mind-body workshops with Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center’s professional staff.
Biggest Winner can only accept 15 participants per session so make sure & register early!
DATES: September 22nd – October 27th
Mondays, 5:30 – 7pm & Thursdays, 5:30-6pm
Cost: $50 ($600 value)
What you get
- A weekly workout to follow designed by certified Personal Trainer, Alyson Dickson
- Weekly Healthy Eating Workshop designed by Marilyn Holmes, R.D.
- Weekly habit building wellness workshops led by Wellness Coordinator, Jennifer Ray
- A group setting to help motivate you!
- A fitness toolkit and program binder
- Supplemental exercise opportunities each week
Have questions or want to know more? Contact Jennifer Ray, email@example.com
You do not have to be a member of the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center to participate!
A. Check your BMI
You must have a BMI (body mass index) of 25 or more to enter the program. Check your projected BMI on the CHART.
1) Make an appointment with one of the VRWC Fitness Associates for your initial assessment. This service is free.
Tony Lewis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenda Lindsay – Glenda.email@example.com
Wade Evans- firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Assessments consist of BMI verification, a functionality test, and a height/weight analysis. Please allow thirty minutes for the entire assessment. The Biggest Winner team will provide your goals on the first day.
C. Fill Out Packet & Submit:
Due by September 15, 2014
SUBMIT: All forms and $50 payment to the VRWC Welcome Center. You will receive a confirmation email after your forms have been processed. Cash, check, major credit cards, and Commodore card.
TOOL KIT: Pick up your Biggest Winner tool kit from the VRWC Welcome Center, September 9th-21st.
D. Training, Nutrition, and Mind/Body: Sept 22-Oct 27
- · Mondays, 5:30-7pm: Personal Training and Mind-Body workshop.
- · Thursdays, 5:30-6pm: Nutrition Workshop.
1) Mondays, you will train for one hour with Alyson Dickson, CPT and then meet in the Demonstration Kitchen for the Mind-Body workshop with Wellness & Fitness Activities Coordinator, Jennifer Ray.
2) Thursdays, you will meet with Marilyn Holmes, RD and learn nutrition strategies to support your success.
3) Throughout the week, complete your prescribed workout and nutrition/wellness exercises and attend optional activities if possible. At the end of the program, participants will receive an additional fitness assessment to measure their progress.
Jennifer Ray – Activities Coordinator, Wellness & Fitness
Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center
Phone: 343-0538 E-mail: email@example.com