Home » Authorization to Drive
Authorization to Drive
Process for Requesting Authorization to Drive
- Click on the links to the THREE forms listed below. Print out forms, complete all sections, sign, and bring to Kate Vanlandingham in the Office of Campus Recreation (upstairs in the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center) WITH a copy of your current drivers license. If Kate is not available, please leave in her mailbox located upstairs in the OCR Monday – Friday between 8:30 and 5 pm. DO NOT leave forms at the downstairs welcome center.
- Once these forms are reviewed and approved, your name will be submitted and you will receive an email approximately within 3 business days from Kelley Beasley.
- You will then be prompted to logon to www.vandysafe.com to take the online driver safety training. (If assistance is needed with the VandySafe online training system, please consult the VandySafe FAQ.) After completing the online training course and quiz, PRINT your certificate of completion. (For specific instructions on printing the VandySafe diploma click here.)
- Please email Frank Harrison once you have completed the tutorial to schedule a meeting time to watch a video and complete the certification procedure. You will need to bring a copy of the “diploma” to this meeting.
- Once you have completed all the previous steps, an MVR will be sent to be processed. This will cost each sport club $2.50 + the State Expenses (which average about $12) per individual. If you receive a favorable MVR you will be notified by Kate Vanlandingham of you authorization to drive.