Come explore the great outdoors! The Outdoor Rec. Center (ORC) is the base for all of our exciting adventure trips (with online registration), tons of quality rental equipment, and a resource library of books and maps. At the VRWC, we offer a fun climbing and bouldering wall and top notch instructional kayak roll workshops in the pool.
- The spring adventure trip schedule is available here and online registration is live.
- Full trips: Climbing 3/18, Rappelling 3/26, Horseback Riding 3/26, WW Kayaking 4/8, Canoeing 4/8, Backpacking 5/5-8, Caving on 2/18, Hiking on 3/25, and Lake Clean-Up on 4/1
Spring Break 2017 and the Outdoor Recreation Center:
- The ORC will be closed for Spring Break, March 4-12.
- You can pick up gear for Spring Break as early as Wed. March 1st.
- We are charging the 10-day price for spring break.
- You can return the gear on Mon. March 13 – Wed. March 15.
- On Thur. March 16 any gear still out will be considered late, and the late fees will apply.
Outdoor Recreation Center Hours:
|Monday||12:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday - Thursday||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||12:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
Outdoor Recreation Center
2600 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37212
Sean Wilkinson, Activities Coordinator