List of Trips
Adventure Trip Schedule: Fall 2016>> To Download the schedule: Fall 2016 Adv. Trip Sched.
Dates Days Activity Location Deadline Cost Sept. 10 Sat. Trial Building / Hiking Bells Bend Park, Nashville 9/2 Free! Sept. 11 Sun. Kayaking Duck River, TN 9/2 $51 Sept. 17 Sat. Hiking The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN 9/9 $25 Sept. 18 Sun. Horseback Riding Ju Ro Ranch, TN 9/9 $65 Sept. 24 Sat. River Clean Up via Canoeing Harpeth River, TN 9/16 Free! Sept. 25 Sun. Hiking (with Parents?) Radnor Lake State Park, TN 9/22 $6 Sept. 30- 10/1 Fri. – Sat. WW Rafting and Camping Ocoee River, TN 9/26* $99 Oct. 1 Sat. “Farm Day” Service Bells Bend Park, Nashville 9/23 Free! Oct. 2 Sun. Climbing: Beginner – Intermediate Black Mountain, TN 9/23 $37 Oct. 8 Sat. Canoeing & Kayaking Buffalo River, TN 10/7 $44 Oct. 13 – 16 Thur. – Sun. Backpacking Great Smoky Mountains NP, TN 9/30* $155 Oct. 13 – 16 Thur. – Sun. Canoe-Camping & Cave Tour Mammoth Cave National Park, KY 9/30* $149 Oct. 22 Sat. Hiking Twin Arches, Big South Fork, TN 10/11* $27 Oct. 28-30 Fri. – Sun. Camping and Hiking Great Smoky Mountains NP, TN 10/21 $99 Oct. 29 Sat. WW Kayaking: Beginner – Intermed. Hiwassee River, TN 10/11* $75 Nov. 5 Sat. Rappelling and Caving Stephens Gap Cave, AL 10/28 $46 Nov. 5-6 Sat. – Sun Backpacking The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN 10/28 $63 Nov. 12 Sat. Spelunking (Caving) Indian Gravepoint Cave, TN 11/4 $35 Nov. 13 Sun. Climbing: Beginner – Intermediate Kings Bluff, TN 11/4 $33 Dec. 16-21 Fri. – Wed. Canoeing & Island Camping Cayo Costa State Park / Island, FL 10/21* $330 Dec. 17-22 Sat. – Thur. Skiing or Snowboarding Steamboat Springs, CO 9/30* $800+ Mar. 4-12 Sat. – Sun. Backpacking Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 11/16* $1,135 Mar. 4-11 Sat. – Sat. Backpacking Savage Gulf, S.C.S.P., TN 11/16* $235
* = The deadline is earlier than usual.
+ = Meet at designated airport (for details, see the trip page)
1. Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University Students, Graduate Students, Professional Students, Faculty, Staff, Medical Staff, and VRWC Members.
2. Prices include Transportation, In-camp Food, Group &/or Specialized Equipment, & Fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the ORC. The Vanderbilt Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check.
3. To sign up for a trip, go to www.vanderbilt.edu/outrec. Select the type of trip from the Trip Schedule drop down. Scroll down to the desired trip. Click on the right spot to register and pay on-line! (If you can’t pay this way, contact Linda)
4. Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years or older.
5. Beginners are welcome on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
For More Info Contact:Linda Rosenkranz at 615-343-7898
Outdoor Recreation Center at 615-343-8182Monday & Friday: 12pm – 6pm
Tuesday -Thursday: 3pm – 6pm