Applications are due: By 6 pm on Fri., August 15.
If you have an interest in BACKPACKING, CLIMBING, FLATWATER CANOEING, WW RAFTING, CAVING, HIKING, WHITEWATER CANOEING, KAYAKING, RAPPELLING, OR CAMPING IN GENERAL . . . THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU!!
- Prepare and coordinate 1-3 weekend or day trips per semester
- Lead Pre-Trip Meetings
- Evaluate trips
- Drive vans for trips (become a Vandy Safe Driver)
- Work with other Outdoor Staff
- Attend Trip Coordinator Training Sessions and Staff Meetings
- Work a minimum of 5 hours/week in the Outdoor Rec. Center
- Maintain and repair outdoor equipment
- Provide customer service
- Must be a Vanderbilt Student, at least a 2nd semester Freshman
- Previous experience in one or more outdoor recreation activities
- A willingness to work cooperatively with other people
- Knowledge of basic camping skills
- Energy, enthusiasm
- Knowledge of various types of outdoor recreation equipment is desirable
- An interest and concern for the environment; knowledge of LNT is desirable
- An overall desire to be part of the “team” that continues to develop the growing Vanderbilt Outdoor
- Certification in American Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR is required prior to coordinating
any trips; but not necessary at time of selection.
- Develop leadership skills
- Meet other people who are also interested in outdoor activities
- Go for free (except for your “on the road” food) on trips that you coordinate. (Most trips will cost participants $15 to $72.) The extended trips will be discounted, not free.
- Earn $7.25/hour for working in the Equipment Rental Program
- Work in the Outdoor Recreation Center
- Stop by the Office of Campus Recreation (OCR) in the Recreation & Wellness Center or the Outdoor Rec. Center and pick up an application.
- Or click here: Trip Coor. ad app.14
> Applications are due by 6:00 PM, Friday, August 15, 2014. (Only 2-3 positions are available.)
For more information, call Linda Rosenkranz at 615-343-7898.