- Faculty/Staff are eligible to play in the fall leagues.
- A person may play for only one team. (Exception: a person may play on one co-rec team.)
- To be eligible, each player’s name must be on the team roster filed with the OCR.
- Women may play in men’s leagues and vice versa.
- Freshman are not eligible for any league except the freshman leagues.
- Penalty for any of the above is possible forfeiture of the game and player suspension.
1.2 Number of Players
- Each team may have a maximum of 10 players on the field and may bat 11 Players (EP).
- A team may start and finish a game with 9 players, even if it started the game with an EP.
1.3 Protest Procedure
- Get the two captains together with the official and settle the dispute.
- If satisfaction is not reached, call the IM Supervisor who will then settle the problem.
- Neither team may leave the site, nor may the game begin or continue until the protest has been settled.
- Eligibility protests must be filed with the IM Supervisor before the game has ended.
- Judgment calls cannot be protested. Other rule or policy interpretation protests must be made before the next pitch is thrown.
- Teams who wish to carry the protest further may do so by following the Guidelines set forth in the Intramural Handbook.
2. THE GAME
- A five minute grace period is in effect for each game. A team must have at least 9 players present by forfeit time to begin a game. (The umpire is the official timer)
- Games are (7) innings in length. No new innings may begin after 50 minutes from starting game time. No time limit in playoff games.
- If no umpire is available, teams must call their own games. This will count as an official game.
- A team with a 12 run advantage after (5) complete innings will be declared the winner. (Exception: Playoffs)
- In case of inclement weather, (4) innings constitutes a complete game. (3 ½ if home team is ahead)
- Tie games will stand in regular season play. Ties will go into extra innings in the playoffs.
2.2 Game Equipment
- Balls: The OCR will supply Gold Dot softballs for all games.
- Each team is responsible for supplying its own bats. Bats and softballs may be purchased from the SRC equipment desk. Bats may also be checked out on a limited basis.
- Shoes must be worn. No metal cleats, hard soled, combat, or hiking boots are permitted.
- Gloves may be worn by all players, but mitts may be worn only by the catcher and first baseman. The pitcher’s glove must be of a single color and not gray or white.
- Catcher’s masks are available to be checked out from the SRC equipment desk.
- A player may not participate if he is wearing any type of cast.
- All substitutions must be reported to the opposing team’s scorekeeper.
- Starting players may re-enter the game once.
- Non-starters may enter the game once.
- Penalty for illegal substitutions is a forfeit.
- Rainouts are not decided on until 3 p.m. the day of the game. After 4:30 p.m. on weekends, the supervisor on duty will decide the game’s status.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the intramural fields.
- Ground rules: Out of play on all fields is over the fences, or behind the backstop.