Home » Calendar
The intramural program at Vanderbilt includes more than 40 sports ranging from basketball to inner tube water polo. Leagues are available in men’s, women’s, and co-recreational divisions. Competitive and recreation divisions are formed to meet the desired skill or interest level of the participants. All registration is done through the Office of Campus Recreation (OCR).
Skill levels are offered when the number of entries allows more than one division to be formed. These skill levels are created to promote equitable competition for the participants.
Open A – Highly Skilled
Open B – Intermediate
Open C – Beginner/Novice
Divisions of Participation
1. Freshman Division – In the team sports of Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball, and Soccer, freshmen (men and women) are eligible to participate in the freshman division only. (Exception: Freshmen may also participate in the co-recreational division). Teams are arranged on a residence hall or a hall floor basis. Freshmen not living on campus are eligible to participate on any of the teams or form a new team. In sports without a separate freshman division, freshmen may participate in any open division.
2. Undergraduate Intramural Board (UIB) Division – Only member organizations of the UIB may participate in the UIB Division, unless conditions determined by the OCR warrant otherwise.
3. Open Division – Persons eligible for Open Division participation are:
- Freshmen in those sports that do not have a separate freshman division.
- All other undergraduate and graduate students.
- Faculty and Staff members.
4. Co-Recreational Division – All students, faculty and staff are eligible for participation in the co-recreational division, unless specified otherwise in the Intramural Calendar.
5. Medical Division – In the team sport of basketball, the Medical School will have a separate division.
6. Faculty and Staff Division – Only full-time faculty and staff who are issued a V.U. identification card and are eligible for benefits may participate in the faculty/staff division. Faculty/Staff without VRWC Premium Memberships (full access) and Non-members must pay the $10.00 daily guest fee each night of play.
Listing of Upcoming Intramural Sign Ups
- Men’s & Women’s Program
- Co-Rec Programs
- Faculty/Staff Programs
- Officials Meetings & Clinics
- Team Coaches Meeting