Home » Training » How To Be An Aerobics Instructor
How To Be An Aerobics Instructor
How do I become an aerobics instructor?
Good question! Here are the steps to becoming an aerobics instructor:
- Contact Lori Cowan 615-34(3-6576), or Jennifer Ray 615-34(3-6073), for an information packet. Or download forms to the side.
- READ the material and practice. (Attend some aerobics classes, observe the instructors, ask questions concerning the material, teaching, the audition, combinations, how awesome it is to teach at Vandy, etc.)
- Develop a routine for your audition.
- Once you’re feeling comfortable with the routine, call Lori or Jennifer to set up an audition time.
- Pass the Audition! (If you don’t pass the first time, look over the comments on the audition checklist, make adjustments, and schedule another audition time. Re-audition as many times as you need to.)
- Congratulations! You’re on the Vanderbilt Group Fitness Team!
We are always in need of instructors. For non-students, please contact Lori Cowan. For students, please contact Jennifer Ray.
All instructors must be certified. Pay rate is $12.00 per hour (student) and $30.00 per hour (non-student).