Home » Group Classes » How To Be A Group Fitness Instructor
How To Be A Group Fitness Instructor
How do I become an aerobics instructor?
Good question! Here are the steps to becoming an aerobics instructor:
- Contact Lori Cowan 615-34(3-6576) for an information packet. Or download forms to the side.
- READ the material and practice. (Attend some aerobics classes, observe the instructors, ask questions concerning the material, teaching, the audition, combinations, how awesome it is to teach at Vandy, etc.)
- Develop a routine for your audition.
- Once you’re feeling comfortable with the routine, call Lori to set up an audition time.
- Pass the Audition! (If you don’t pass the first time, look over the comments on the audition checklist, make adjustments, and schedule another audition time. Re-audition as many times as you need to.)
- Congratulations! You’re on the Vanderbilt Group Fitness Team!
All instructors must be certified. Pay rate is $15.00 per hour (student) and between $22 and $30 per hour (non-student) depending on experience and certifications.