Vanderbilt’s Recreation and Wellness Center is a recently renovated facility with 290,000 sq. ft. of indoor space.
Welcome Center and Equipment Desk
- Customer service
- Membership sales
- Equipment checkout
- Program information
- Walk-up tours by request
- Entrance is located on North End of building between Natchez Trace and 25th Avenue.
- 22 reserved spaces for Recreation Center patrons (located on Children’s Way)
- Metered parking available on Children’s Way (monitored Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Metered parking available in Lot #27 located off of 25th Avenue (monitored Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Lot 75A available for cross-parking for Vanderbilt parking permit holders
- Handicap accessible parking in Lot #27 (located off 25th Avenue)
- Multipurpose indoor pool
- 18 lanes plus shallow rec area
- Depth from 3’6” to 10’
- 25 yards wide
- Temperature of pool maintained at 82 degrees
Vanderbilt Swim School
- Group and Private lessons available
- Sessions are Monday – Thursday (1 week long / afternoon only)
- All instructors are CPR and AED certified
- All instructors have prior teaching experience
- Online registration available
- Contact us @ 615.322.7946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 basketball courts
- 1 auxiliary gym for basketball and volleyball
- 3 volleyball courts
- 1 badminton court
- 6 racquetball courts
- 2 squash courts
- Fieldhouse featuring turf field and 300 – meter track
- Indoor elevated track (9.2 laps / mile)
- 2 conference rooms
- Table tennis
1st Floor Fitness Center
- 14,000-sq. ft. fitness center
- Selecterize weight machines
- Wide variety of cardio equipment including rowing machines, treadmills, ellipticals, and more
- TRX training area
- Power room with ply metric stations
- Motion cage
- Kettle bells
- Free weight room
- Medicine balls
2nd Floor Fitness Loft
- 4,500-sq. ft. fitness loft overlooking athletics fields
- Wide variety of cardio equipment including bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, and more
- Functional trainer
- Fitness assessment area
- Medicine balls, yoga / stability / bosu balls
- Stretching mats
- 3 smart rooms
- 10 group fitness / class rooms
- Reservations made through Office of Campus Recreation Located on the 2nd floor of the VRWC.
Vanderbilt Bowling Center
- 4 Brunswick bowling lanes
- Free shoe rentals
- Family friendly
- Available to reserve for events!
- Cooking demonstrations
- Nutrition minutes - held once a week at the VRWC and provides quick tips on ways to include healthy foods with samples to taste. It is presented in a minute or less as members come and go.
- Available for events
- Sand volleyball court
- 1 lighted concrete basketball court (half)
- 4 lighted multipurpose fields including 1 artificial turf field
Outdoor Recreation Center
- Equipment rentals available to the Vanderbilt community
- Adventure trips
- Kayak workshops in the indoor pool
- Wilderness First Aid Certification class offered in January or February
- Located At 2600 Children’s Way, Nashville, TN 37212
- Contact us @ 615.343.8182 or email@example.com
- 42 spin bikes (Space limited so arrive early for a number!)
- Boot camp
- Certified Zumba instructors
- TRX (Space limited so arrive early for a number!)
- 60+ more classes
See our Group Fitness Schedule.
Classes and Clinics
- CPR and First Aid
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course
Lockers & Changing Rooms
- 25¢ lockers available for day use
- 50¢ lock rental available for day use
- Annual locker rentals—large $75, medium $65, small $60
- Individual and family changing rooms
- Koala changing stations available
- 2 big-screen HDTVs
- 2 billiards tables
- Chairs, couches, and tables
- Free wireless Internet (See Welcome Center for access.)
- Holiday and summer day camps
- Ages 4–12 and 13–15
- Camp VANDY, LEAD, S.O.F.A., Camp Wild, and Space Camp
- Online registration available
- For more details, visit our CampVandy website.
- Cardiovascular Fitness: Resting Heart Rate and Bike Test—the participant’s resting heart rate is taken at the start of the assessment to evaluate cardio effectiveness. This test will determine the participant’s level of oxygen consumption.
- Muscular Strength and Endurance: Hand Grip and Abdominal Crunch Tests—the participant does as many crunches as comfortably possible. Both men and women must do crunches, not full sit-ups.
- Flexibility: Sit and Reach Test—participant sits on the floor and stretches as comfortably as is possible.
- Body Composition: Bio-electrical impedance or Infrared technology will be used to determine body fat.
- Body Mass Index can be figured using the participant’s weight, height, and body frame size.
- Professional staff of the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center performs all assessments.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours prior to assessment.
- Assessment may last up to 30 minutes.
- For additional information, go to our Fitness Assessments Website.
- Located on 2nd floor
- Hours are 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Mon.–Fri.
- All program registration
- Facility reservations
* The Office of Campus Recreation strives for outstanding customer service throughout the facility, and respects each member’s confidential information. *