Home » ID Card Info

ID Card Info

General Provisions of the Student ID Card

  • Lost cards may be replaced by paying a fee at the Commodore Card Office, 184 Sarratt – (615) 32(2-2273). Medical Center Faculty, Staff, and Students must contact VUMC Card Office at S-2311 Medical Center North – (615) 93(6-3350).
  • Misuse of ID cards will be grounds for invalidation or other disciplinary action.
  • Graduate/Professional School Students may have their ID cards validated for football by making a payment of $25.00 at the Ticket Office in the McGugin Athletic Center at any time during the football season.  ID cards may be validated for basketball by making a payment of $25.00 at McGugin any time during the basketball season. Please note there is no validation of ID cards on game days. Baseball is free on a first come, first serve basis as seating is extremely limited at Hawkins Field. You must have a validated ID from either football or basketball to be admitted to the baseball games. The games can also be viewed from the Memorial Gymnasium Plaza above leftfield.
  • Spouses of full-time students may obtain a spouse ID card by presenting (1) proof of marriage and (2) the current Vanderbilt ID card of their husband or wife.  Spouse ID cards will be made in 184 Sarratt for a fee of $10 each.  Spouses may have their ID cards validated for football ($25) and for basketball ($25) by making the appropriate payment at the Ticket Office in the McGugin Athletic Center.  Upon presentation of the spouse ID card to the Office of Campus Recreation and payment of the appropriate fee, a spouse may use the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center and recreation fields.  The fee for use in an academic semester is $154; the fee for summer is $63.00 for unlimited use.
  • Withdrawal or dismissal from the University:  The Vanderbilt ID card is not transferable and must be surrendered prior to departure to the dean of the school from which the student withdraws. Withdrawal or dismissal from the University does not entitle a student to a refund of student fees.
  • For questions or clarifications of these provisions, please call the Office of Recreation Administration at (615) 32(2-3963).
  • Special requests for waivers may be addressed to the Student Activities and Recreation Fees Waiver Committee, PMB 406206, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, Tennessee 37240-6206 or by emailing  waiverscommittee@vanderbilt.edu.