Home » Athletics Authorization to Drive
Athletics Authorization to Drive
Training on VandySafe should occur once a year. Forms pertaining to VandySafe must be update annually for all Vanderbilt Athletics Faculty/Staff and Student drivers. We would prefer that ALL students drivers take the VandySafe driving program regardless if they drive a VU vehicle or their own personal vehicle.
Process for Requesting Authorization to Drive
- Click on the links to the forms listed below. Print out forms, complete all sections, sign, and bring to Kelley Beasley in the Office of Campus Recreation (upstairs in the Student Recreation Center) WITH a copy of your current drivers license. If Kelley is not available, please put in her in-box. Office hours are Monday – Friday between 8:30 and 5 pm. DO NOT leave forms at the downstairs welcome center.
- Once these forms are reviewed and approved, your name will be submitted and you will receive an email approximately within 3 business days from Kelley Beasley.
- You will then be prompted to logon to www.vandysafe.com to take the online driver safety training. (If assistance is needed with the VandySafe online training system, please consult the VandySafe FAQ.) After completing the online training course and quiz, PRINT your certificate of completion. (For specific instructions on printing the VandySafe diploma click here.)
- Please email Kelley Beasley once you have completed the tutorial to schedule a meeting time to watch a video and complete the certification procedure. You will need to bring a copy of the “diploma” to this meeting.
- Once you have completed all steps, you are authorized to drive.
MVR Consent and Disclosure Form – Students ONLY, must be run once a year.