Below is a list of useful links to information about Congress, Members of the Tennessee delegation, select congressional committees that play important roles in the issues that are important to the Vanderbilt University community, agencies of the Executive Branch and links to the Judicial Branch.
Tennessee's Delegation in the United States Congress
- Sen. Lamar Alexander
- Sen. Bob Corker
- Rep. Phil Roe (Tenn.
- 1st District)
- Rep. John Duncan (Tenn.
- 2nd District)
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (Tenn.
- 3rd District) NEW
- Rep. Scott DesJarlais (Tenn. - 4th District) NEW
- Rep. Jim Cooper (Tenn.
- 5th District); Vanderbilt is located in this district
- Rep. Diane Black (Tenn.
- 6th District) NEW
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn. - 7th District)
- Rep. Steve Fincher (Tenn.
- 8th District) NEW
- Rep. Steve Cohen (Tenn. - 9th District)
Selected Congressional Committees and Offices
- Senate Appropriations Committee
- Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee
- House Appropriations Committee
- House Education and Labor Committee
- House Energy and Commerce Committee
- House Science and Technology Committee
Below is a list of key federal agencies and departments that are important to the concerns and objectives of Vanderbilt University. For more general information about our federal government and its regulations, explore firstgov.gov, as well as regulations.gov.
Key Federal Agencies and Departments
- The White House
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Homeland Security
- Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Government Accountability Office
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Tennessee Valley Authority