How to Apply
Note that only faculty who are members of the graduate faculty and who have room for new students in their laboratories will accept new graduate students for the upcoming admission year. It is advised that prospectives contact directly the faculty in whose research they are interested to learn more about whether they may be admitting new students.
A completed application for admission includes the following:
- Completed Online Electronic Application
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for all applicants (Institution code is 1871; Department code is 2016
- GRE Subject Test scores are not required, but students who have taken a Subject Test should report their scores
- Application fee (waived for online applications)
- Unofficial transcripts showing coursework and degree conferral (Only admitted applicants will be instructed to submit official and final transcripts as a condition of enrollment at Vanderbilt).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: Recent graduates should have at least two letters of recommendation from college or university faculty with whom they have studied.
- Statement of Purpose / Research Statement that describes past research experience, interests for future research training in graduate school, and future plans following graduate school.
- TOEFL scores are required if you are an international applicant unless English is your first language or you have completed a degree at an American University
Get the Online Electronic Application.
- Faculty/Staff Openings
- Ph.D. in Psychological Sciences
- Participate in a Research Study
- Getting Research Experience
Doctoral Program Concentrations
- Clinical Science
- Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Developmental Science
- Quantitative Methods
- Dec 8, 2016 Neuroscience Brown Bag Series - CANCELLED
- Dec 9, 2016 Vanderbilt Vision Training Seminar
- Dec 11, 2016 Documentary and discussion: incarceration and mental health