Information and Resources
This section has links to variety of useful web sites for graduate students at Vanderbilt.
- The Future Faculty Preparation Program (F2P2) is a voluntary, self-directed professional development program open to all Vanderbilt graduate students, professional students, and post-doctoral fellows. Designed to introduce participants to the wide range of faculty roles and responsibilities and to recognize participants who are engaging in activities to prepare for future faculty careers, the program emphasizes three areas of focus: teaching and learning, professional development, and the world of the university.
- The Teaching Certificate program has been designed to help graduate students, professional students, and post-doctoral fellows develop and refine their teaching skills through three cycles of teaching activities, each consisting of inquiry, experimentation, and reflection phases. Participants who complete the program receive a Teaching Certificate from the Graduate School and the Center for Teaching.
- Resources for Graduate Students is a page organized by the College of Arts and Science. It includes links to web pages at Vanderbilt, information on grant opportunities, and a link to the Versatile PhD, an online service for graduate students.
- The Peabody College Office of Graduate Education has information on pre and post-doctoral training and links to the ExpERT Fellows program.
- The Graduate Student Professional and Personal Development Collaborative serves as a means for graduate students at Vanderbilt University to locate various campus resources — offices, programs, and events — that contribute to student professional and personal development while enrolled at Vanderbilt.
- The Graduate Student Council of Vanderbilt coordinates academic, social, and other activities significant to the graduate community and it works to ascertain and represent graduate student opinions and concerns, facilitating communication between graduate students, administration, and faculty.
- The Graduate Student Council has put together a Survival Guide to help students navigate Nashville and Vanderbilt.
- The Student Health Center provides health services for students at Vanderbilt.
- Health & Insurance links to Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan for graduate and professional students at Vanderbilt.
- For International Students provides important information and links for international students.
- As appropriate, graduate students are urged to apply for Dissertation Enhancement Grants from the Graduate School.
- The Center for Teaching has put together Resources for Graduate Education. This web page provides resources for department chairs, directors of graduate studies, graduate faculty, and graduate deans, but the information may also be of interest to current graduate students as well.
- The web page on Taxable Income for Students from the IRS answers some important questions regarding federal taxes that need to be paid on graduate assistantships and fellowships. Here is some relevant information from that page: "If you received a scholarship or fellowship, all or part of it may be taxable, even if you did not receive a Form W-2 ... If you are a candidate for a degree, you generally can exclude from income that part of the grant used for (a) Tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance, or (b) Fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for your courses. You cannot exclude from income any part of the grant used for other purposes, such as room and board."
- The Versatile Ph.D. is a confidential resource protected by VUNetID login where students can discuss career options and network with fellow graduate students.
- Faculty/Staff Openings
- Ph.D. in Psychological Sciences
- Participate in a Research Study
- Getting Research Experience
Doctoral Program Concentrations
- Clinical Science
- Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Developmental Science
- Quantitative Methods
- Mar 3, 2015 Clinical Science Brown Bag Series (no talk scheduled today)
- Mar 10, 2015 Clinical Science Brown Bag Series: Ashley Motlong
- Mar 11, 2015 CCN Brown Bag Series: Anat Fintzi
- Mar 12, 2015 Neuroscience Brown Bag Series: Rick Lin