M.S., Psychology, Vanderbilt University, 2011
B.A., Psychology, Cum Laude with Distinction in Psychology, Yale University, 2009
American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
Keneisha R. Sinclair
The development of depression in children and adolescents is my primary research interest. My work examines mediators of the relation between depression and obesity in youth. I also study how stressors such as peer victimization change children and adolescents’ self-schemas and put them at risk for depression and other forms of psychopathology.
- Bilsky, S. A.; Cole, D. A.; Dukewich, T. L.; Martin, N. C.; Sinclair, K. R.; Tran, C.; Roeder, K. M.; Felton, J.; Tilghman-Osborne, C.; Weitlauf, A.; Maxwell, M. (in press). Does supportive parenting mitigate the longitudinal effects of peer victimization on depressive symptoms in children? Journal of Abnormal Psychology.
- Cole, D. A.; Dukewich, T. L.; Roeder, K.M.; Sinclair, K. R.; Mcmillian, J.; Will, E.; Bilsky, S. A.; Felton, J. (under review). One step closer to understanding the social-developmental origins of depressive self-schemas in children and adolescents.
- Roeder, K. M.; Cole, D. A.; Sinclair, K. R.; Dukewich, T.; Felton, J.; Tilghman-Osborne, C.; Jacky, A. (under review). Sensitive periods for the effect of peer victimization on self-cognition: The importance of gender differences.
- Sinclair, K. R. & Cole, D. A. (in preparation). Mediators of the relation between depression and obesity in youth.
- Sinclair, K. R.; Cole, D. A.; Dukewich, T.; Felton, J.; Weitlauf, A. S.; Maxwell, M. A.; Tilghman-Osborne, C.; Jacky, A. (2012). Impact of physical and relational peer victimization on depressive cognitions in children & adolescents. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 41(5), 570-583.
- Sinclair, K. (2010). Objectified body consciousness, depression, and eating disorders: The importance of control beliefs. The Yale Review of Undergraduate Research in Psychology, 1, 68-77.
- Sinclair, K. R.; Martin, N. C.; & Cole, D. A. (2013). Peer Victimization and Harsh Parenting as Developmental Correlates of Cognitive Reactivity, a Cognitive Diathesis for Child Depression. Abstract submitted for poster presentation at 2013 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Conference.
- Sinclair, K. R. (2011). Targeted Peer Victimization: What It Is, How It Hurts, and What We Can Do about It. Paper presented at the 2011 Conference of Ford Foundation Fellows, Irvine, CA.
- Sinclair, K. R. & Cole, D. A. (2011). The Impact of Peer Victimization on Positive and Negative Self-Cognitions in Children. Poster presentation at the 2011 American Psychological Association Annual Convention.
- Sinclair, K. R. & Nolen-Hoeksema, S. (2010). Depression, Eating Disorders, and Objectified Body Consciousness in Adolescent Girls. Poster presentation at the 2010 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Conference.
- Sinclair, K. R.; Hilt, L.; Nolen-Hoeksema, S. (2008). Attributional Style and Eating Pathology: The Moderating Role of Body Dissatisfaction. Poster presentation at 2008 Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Conference.
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship 2010 - Present
Vanderbilt University Provost’s Graduate Fellowship 2009 – Present