In April 1995, Vanderbilt University formalized its supplier diversity initiatives by establishing a Supplier Diversity Program (SDP). The principle mission is to provide equal access to business opportunities at the University for diverse suppliers and to aid departments in meeting federal subcontracting purchasing goals.
The Supplier Diversity Program objectives are:
- Create a quality process for all stakeholders - including a plan of action to monitor, achieve, and report business diversity activities.
- Develop new, creative and innovative means to utilize small business and specific subcategories of small business including minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, small disadvantaged, hubzone, and small business enterprises.
- Establish cost-effective relationships that will ensure that Vanderbilt University and its Medical Center realizes the benefits of competitive pricing and quality products and services.
Please see our Supplier Site to apply!
- Certifying Agencies
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Council:
contact Wendy Stoneberger at 615.743.3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nashville Business Incubation Center: http://www.nbiconline.com/index.html
- Tennessee Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc.: www.tmsdc.net