Fields of study: American Politics, Political Methodology
- “Influencing the Bureaucracy: The Irony of Congressional Oversight.” (With Joshua D. Clinton and David E. Lewis), American Journal of Political Science (Forthcoming).
- “The House as a Stepping Stone to the Senate: Why Do So Few African-American House Members Run?” (With Gbemende Johnson and Bruce I. Oppenheimer) American Journal of Political Science 56(2):387-399 (2012).
- Sourcebook of United States Executive Agencies. (with David E. Lewis) Washington, DC: Administrative Conference of the United States (2012).
- “Political Responsiveness and Agency Independence.” Paper presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL.
- “The Diversity of Delegation and Consequences for Bureaucratic Responsiveness,” Paper presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Southern Political Science Association, Orlando, FL.
- View Curriculum Vitae