Fields of study: American Politics, Political Methodology
- “The House as a Stepping Stone to the Senate: Why Do So Few African-American House Members Run?” (With Gbemende Johnson and Bruce I. Oppenheimer) American Journal of Political Science 56(2):387-399 (2012).
- Sourcebook of United States Executive Agencies. (with David E. Lewis) Washington, DC: Administrative Conference of the United States (2012).
- “Political Responsiveness and Agency Independence.” Paper presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL.
- “The Diversity of Delegation and Consequences for Bureaucratic Responsiveness,” Paper presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Southern Political Science Association, Orlando, FL.
- “Congressional Principals and Political Control of the Bureaucracy,” (With Joshua D. Clinton and David E. Lewis) Paper presented at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL.
- View Curriculum Vitae