VU-Plant Operations Custodial Services
Building coverage by supervisor:
- Academic/Administrative Buildings
Randy Smith - 1st Shift
Judy Wiggens - 1st Shift
Katesha Roland - 2nd Shift
Leo Sguera - 2nd Shift
Linda Bullard - 2nd Shift
Nicholas Hollister - 3rd Shift
- Student Housing
Custodial Services can be reached at all times for emergencies through BSC at 615-322-2621. Daytime questions and requests can be placed by contacting SIS at 615-322-9675.
Hours of Operation
5:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri) administrative/academic buildings
6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri) administrative/academic buildings
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Mon-Sun) student housing/Greek housing
2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri) administrative/academic buildings
11:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. (Sun-Thu) administrative/academic buildings
Custodial Services provides cleaning services to student housing, Greek housing, academic and administrative buildings on Vanderbilt University main campus. We service over 5 million square feet of floor space in over 135 buildings.
Services are provided in three shifts with coverage five days a week for administrative and academic buildings and seven days a week for student housing and Greek housing as follows:
Services covered under square foot rate
- Complete cleaning services in interior of building as outlined in the Custodial Performance Standards Guide.
- Windows cleaning, interior and exterior on bi-annual basis.
- Window blinds cleaning for student housing buildings on bi-annual basis.
- Deep carpet extraction/cleaning once per year.
- Strip and re-finish of hard floor surfaces once per year.
Services not covered under the square foot rate
These services are not covered under the square foot rate but can be provided by or facilitated through Custodial Services by submitting a Facilities Services Request:
- Trash removal beyond normal items and frequency, heavy or bulky materials, or excessive amounts.
- Cleaning of appliances.
- Cleaning of upholstery, area rugs and window treatments.
- Carpet cleaning and stripping/re-finishing of hard floor surfaces beyond the once per year covered under the square foot rate.
- Events support/coverage.
- Special cleaning of buildings beyond the standard coverage.
Student housing and Greek housing services
Custodial Services provides coverage to student housing seven days a week. The Residential Life Custodial Services Guide describes the standard services and frequencies of cleaning for the halls and houses common areas such as community bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, study rooms, lounges, etc. Room variations and Greek housing services are also covered in the guide.