VU-Plant Operations Building Systems Control
Larry Cox – Manager
James Goins – Control Systems Supervisor
Jerry Hall – Control Systems Supervisor
Charles Richardson – Control Systems Supervisor
Moland Thompson – Control Systems Supervisor
Michael Woodsmall – Control Systems Supervisor
Doug Archer – Control Systems Supervisor
Hours of Operation
7 days a week, 24 hours a day
Currently we do not accept calls from students or their parents. If you are a student or the parent of a student with an issue, please make a report to the student’s RA.
Building Systems Control (BSC) is Vanderbilt University’s main control center for the monitoring of fire alarms, security alarms, and building control systems. In addition to monitoring these systems, the Control Systems Supervisors also dispatch personnel and/or contractors to make repairs and modifications. BSC receives on average 80 phone calls a day and generates an average of 400 work orders per month.
BSC operators serve as back up for SIS on routine service calls during standard operating hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Our technicians at BSC make and oversee repairs and modifications to campus fire, security, and HVAC control systems. Additionally, they are available for small closed circuit TV system design and installation. Contact BSC for:
- for repairs, service, and modifications to the campus fire systems
- for repairs, service, and modifications to the campus security systems
- for repairs, service, and modifications to the campus HVAC control systems
- for after-hours issues (i.e., between the hours of 4:30 pm and 8:00 am) that would typically go through SIS and must be addressed immediately
- for information on scheduled campus utility outages