Some of the problems most frequently encountered are:
- Login problems (usually resulting from expired or forgotten passwords)
- How to navigate the Fastlane website and how to upload your proposal to the website
- How to add or delete co-PIs and other senior personnel listed in your proposal
- How to request No-Cost-Extensions
If you have never submitted an NSF proposal by Fastlane, please submit a PEER ticket so that you can be added to the Fastlane database at NSF. You will need to provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Office Phone Number
- Office Fax Number
- Email Address
- Which department or division you are affiliated with
- The highest academic degree you've received, and the year that you received it
Location of the FastLane website: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/fastlane.jsp
FastLane Login Instructions:
First Time Login For New Users:
Once OSP has set up a new Fastlane account for you, we will send you an email containing your temporary password. Once you have a temporary password, point your Internet browser to the Fastlane website.
At the Fastlane website, click on the link entitled "Proposals, Awards, and Status" to go to the Login page.
In the box entitled "PI/CoPI Login," you should type in the following information:
- Lastname: Type in your last name (this field is case-insensitive)
- NSF ID
- Password: Type in the temporary password you received from OSP (this field is also case-insensitive)
- Then click the LOGIN button
Already have a FastLane account, but cannot remember your password?
There are two ways to go about getting a new Fastlane password:
- Contact your OSP representative to rest your password. Once reset, your OSP representative will inform you of your new temporary password. Immediately after you log in with your temporary Fastlane password, you will be prompted to change your password as a security measure. After you complete the change, you should be able to proceed to all other Fastlane functions.
- You can reset your Fastlane password yourself without having to go through OSP. Go directly to Fastlane' "Password Reset" page: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/Admin/PIPasswordLogin.html
Enter the following information into the fields on this page:
- Your NSF ID Number
- Your last name
- Your email address