Although requests may not be made for the sole purpose of spending remaining funds, you may expend remaining funds during the no-cost extension period. In the event your request is not approved, costs incurred after the end date would not be allowable. Please contact your Sponsored Programs Specialist if you have any questions regarding no-cost extensions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I request a no-cost extension?
- How long of an extension can I request?
- Under what conditions are sponsors likely to deny a request?
- How do I find out the end date of my project?
- Who approves or denies my request for a no-cost extension?
- How will I know if my request has been approved?
- After my no-cost extension request is approved, may I spend the funds remaining in my account?
- May I request additional funds in my no-cost extension request?
- Can I submit a request for a second no-cost extension?
When should I request a no-cost extension?
Individual sponsor requirements vary. First-time requests are generally due to the sponsor thirty (30) days prior to the current end date of the project. Any subsequent extension requests, if permitted, are due to the sponsor sixty (60) days prior to the extended end date of the project.
How long of an extension can I request?
You should only request the actual amount of time needed to complete the project. Typically, requests range from one to twelve months.
Under what conditions are sponsors likely to deny a request?
- The request was made only for the purpose of using remaining funds.
- The request was received after the original end date.
- The terms and conditions of the award prohibit the extension.
How do I find out the end date of a project?
You can determine the end date by reviewing the award document, accessing business objects Coeus Universe or by looking in eDog.
Who approves or denies my request for a no-cost extension?
Some sponsors will allow OSP to approve or deny requests following sponsor-defined guidelines, while others require OSP to submit the request for approval.
How will I know if my request has been approved?
You will receive notification via email from your Sponsored Programs Specialist. Occasionally, the sponsor will notify the PI directly. If that should occur, please contact OSP so that we can update the end date in Coeus.
After my no-cost extension request is approved, may I spend the funds remaining in my account?
Yes. Remaining funds may be used for project purposes provided liquidation occurs before the extended (new) end date.
May I request additional funds in my no-cost extension request?
Possibly, however sponsors have a process for requesting NCE’s with additional funding requests. Contact your Sponsored Programs Specialist for guidance.
Can I submit a request for a second no-cost extension?
Yes. However, some federal sponsors will not consider a request for a second extension. When a second request is allowed, it usually requires direct review by the sponsor and a lead-time of approximately 60 days. For more information, consult the terms and conditions of your award agreement, sponsor guidelines, or contact your Sponsored Programs Specialist for guidance.