To view the official NIH annoucement, please visit: Change in NIH Application Resubmission Policy
Below are a few reoccurring questions. For a full list please visit: Resubmissions of NIH Applications
- Is there a limit to the number of times an application may be submitted as new?
- What is the current policy on resubmissions?
- What types of grant programs does the resubmission policy apply to?
- If I submit an idea again as a new application, will it be given a new grant number?
- Are resubmissions of revisions allowed?
- Must I wait for my summary statement before submitting my idea again?
- May I submit a new application following an unsuccessful new application?
- What application due date should I use when submitting a "new" that NIH has reviewed previously?
- If I am eligible for continuous submission, when does the April 17 policy change affect me?