The functions available to a user in Commons are based on the ‘role’ associated with their eRA Commons account (see eRA Commons Roles).
eRA Commons users, based on their role, can conduct a variety of business in Commons, including:
- Track the status of their grant applications through the submission process, view errors and/or warnings and check the assembled grant image.
- View summary statements and score letters following the initial review of their applications. Only the PI has access to summary statements and score letters.
- View notice of award and other key documents.
- Submit Just-in-Time information (SO only) requested by the grantor agency prior to a final award decision.
- Submit the required documentation, including the Financial Status Report/Federal Financial Report and final progress report, to close out the grant.
- Submit a No-Cost Extension notification (SO only) that the grantee has exercised their one-time authority to extend without funds the final budget period of a project period of a grant.
- Submit a streamlined annual progress report electronically, provided the grantee institution is eligible to submit one under the Electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award (eSNAP) process.