Please know that OSP is registered in the EERE eXCHANGE system.
To get started:
- Register in the EERE eXCHANGE as an applicant using the following link,
As PI, please determine who will need access to this submission in the EERE eXCHANGE. Note that sharing the proposal allows editing capabilities as well as viewing, in many cases this will be your departmental administrative staff member assisting in completing the application documents and uploads.
- Send an email to your Sponsored Programs Specialist with the funding opportunity number you are applying to and who you would like to share this proposal with in the EERE eXCHANGE. In-addition, as part of initiating a proposal, the EERE system requires a few items to get started.
- The exact title and abstract (4000 character limit) as they will appear in the submission
- The name and email address of each person requiring access to the proposal
- OSP will then start the submission for you in the EERE eXCHANGE and we will grant access for you and any requested members of your team. You will receive an email about the shared access. You and your designee(s) will now be able to view and edit the proposal as needed.
- Once the proposal has been finalized, please notify your OSP representative that the proposal is ready for Institutional review and submission. As the Authorizing Official, OSP will submit the application.
- Please note that there are usually 2 levels of submissions for DOE proposals, concept paper and full submission. Please consult the FOA to determine whether or not a concept paper is required prior to submission of a full proposal.