The Office of Active Citizenship and Service advises over 60 student service organizations. The primary goal of OACS is not only to support students in their ongoing service initiatives but also to better prepare them to implement, assess and reflect on those activities. More specifically, OACS provides student service leaders with financial advising; risk management planning for events and programs; paperwork assistance; and connections to agencies and volunteer opportunities in the Nashville community
Starting a Service Organization
There are a few steps that need to be taken in order to register your organization with the University. Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Check that no current service organization exists that meets the need you have identified.
- Tell us about your organization and an OACS staff member will email you to set up a meeting! Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements to be advised by OACS
- Maintain regular communication with your advisor
- Complete an end-of-semester review and annual review forms
- Update OACS with new leadership rosters at the end of the spring semester
- Send one representative from your organization to the annual Service Leaders Orientation (beginning of fall semester)
Your OACS Advisor
An OACS advisor serves as an advocate, a source of continuity, program ideas, and experience. We help with the growth, progress and continuity of the service group by assisting the incoming board and group members every semester.
Joining a Service Organization
- Please check out our list of student organizations on our website (you can access the individual organization pages by clicking on their logo – this will direct you to their Anchor Link page).
- Contact an OACS staffer to get more info!!
Student Org. Resources and Info
- The Vanderbilt Student Organization Manual for all student organizations on campus can be accessed HERE at the Dean of Students: Student Orgs. website.
- OACS Resource Guide – Updates are underway. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have!