PREP Community Partners
important upcoming dates:
1) Tuesday, October 9th, 2012: PREP Info breakfast
The PREP Program will host a community agency info session on Oct 9, 2012 to provide detailed information about the PREP Program. The meeting will take place in the lower level meeting rooms of the Student Life Center.
2) Tuesday, October 30th, 2012: Submit position description
Please submit a description of your internship position online. The students will receive a copy of the position descriptions to review before the service-internship fair on November 13th.
3) Tuesday, November 13th, 2012: PREP Service-Internship Placement Fair
Community agencies are invited to table and share specific opportunities with the students in a “fair-type” environment. PREP students apply to organizations of interest and look forward to interviews with community agencies. Once an agency has selected a student, together they determine the spring schedule and designate the community mentor.
agency commitment information:
Attend PREP Info Breakfast on October 9th
Submit online service-internship position description by October 30th
Attend PREP Service-Internship Placement Fair on November 13th
- Interview candidates and offer position to a student by December 7th
- Provide a substantial project for PREP student to work on over the course of the semester
- Inform student of other administrative tasks and roles
- Supervise student throughout the semester and provide feedback on their performance