Vehicles For Service

Vehicle Loan Program

OACS Driver Authorization

You can complete the Driver Authorization Application online by following these 3 easy steps:

  1. Complete the online Driver Authorization Application (for new drivers only). Previously authorized drivers will need to come by 305 Sarratt Student Center | Rand Hall to update your paper work and pay the $10 annual Motor Vehicle Registration fee for the new school year. Please see Holly Jones in 305.
  2. You will receive an email that confirms your driver authorization and provides instructions for the completion of an online training module. (Expect the process to take 48 hours or longer). After you have completed the online training, print your certificate.
  3. Bring in your certificate, drivers license, and $10 (cash or check) to cover the annual Motor Vehicle Registration fee to Sarratt | Rand 305. You’ll also complete additional forms and learn more about the Vehicle Loan Procedures. Please come on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 1:30pm – 4:00pm. (August 26, 2014 – April 25, 2015).

OACS Vehicle Loan Program

The OACS vehicles are available to use for service projects within Davidson County. All Vanderbilt students, faculty and staff are eligible to drive once they have completed the drive certification or renewal procedures.

To use an OACS vehicle for a service project, you’ll need to follow these easy steps:

  1. Complete driver authorization or renewal (procedures above).
  2. Complete the OACS Vehicle Request Form (you must be logged in to AnchorLink), There are only six vehicles available (two minivans and four cars), so please make your reservation after confirmation of your service project.
  3. On the day of your service activity (Monday-Friday), pick up the keys from Sarratt | Rand room 305A between 7:30am – 4:15pm. Return the key to Sarratt ticket desk after 4:30pm.
  4. For a weekend reservation, please pick up your keys by 4:15pm on Friday. Return the key to Sarratt | Rand ticket desk after the service project.
  5. Remember: Vanderbilt students are not allowed to transport non-Vanderbilt students in OACS vehicles without a signed waiver from the parent/guardian of a minor or the adult you will be transporting. The waivers are available in the OACS office – please see your advisor to obtain the appropriate form.
  6. In the event of an accident, it’s important for you to have read the Vehicle Accident Reporting Procedure. We recommend you do so immediately before proceeding.