Home » Get Involved
The Martin Luther King Commemoration Committee at Vanderbilt is administered by a committee of faculty, students, and staff. It is funded by an annual appropriation from the University and funds raised by the committee and campus sponsors.
We are always in need of committed and thoughtful volunteers to ensure the activities of the committee remain a continuing tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr., and a continuing opportunity to educate our community about Dr. King’s life and contributions. We invite students to to join this effort. Many different jobs are available, from event planning to publicity promotion. More information and a link to sign up to volunteer will be available on this site very soon.
Dr. Frank Dobson
Director, Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center
Rev. Gretchen Person
Interim Director of Religious Life
• Arts: Frank Dobson, Aladine Elsamadicy
• Essay Contest: Frank Dobson, Jackie Grant and Jeff King
• Freedom Ride and March: Cathleen Williams, Jennifer Bailey, Traci Ray
• March: Cathleen Williams
• Publicity: Michael Zimmerman, Jeff King
• Reception: Cathy Crimi, Jennifer Bailey
• Roundtables/Teach-ins: Pat Helland and Trevor Geller
• Service: Office of Active Citizenship and Service, VU School of Nursing
• Vigil: Jiby Philip, Dale Andrews and Mike Zimmerman