Rates, Application & Payment
Summer Accommodation Options
We offer two types of options for our summer accommodations:
1. Traditional Residence Hall Rooms – Our traditional residence hall rooms are furnished with two twin beds, two desks, two dressers and two closets. A community bathroom is located on the same floor. The traditional double room can be occupied by two occupants (double) or one occupant (single). The double room rate is $25.00 per night, per person and the single occupied room rate is $35.00 per night. These rates do not include applicable taxes.
2. Shared Two Bedroom Apartments – Our shared two bedroom apartments come fully furnished with twin beds, desks, chairs, dressers, kitchen table and chairs and couch and chairs in the common living room. The kitchen has a stove, sink, refrigerator, cupboards. Each apartment has its own bathroom. The two bedrooms can be utilized as two single rooms, a single and a double room or two double rooms. A double room in a two bedroom apartment is $30 per night, per person. The single room in a two bedroom apartment is $40 per night, per person. These rates do not include applicable taxes.
The Vanderbilt University Office of Conferences offers a unique 10 week summer Intern Housing program for summer interns and researchers from Sunday, May 25, 2014 through Saturday, August 2, 2014 for eligible college students. Eligible individuals must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program and is actively involved in a summer research or internship program in the Nashville area.
These special housing accommodations are designed to house serious students only. There will not be Resident Advisers or other housing personnel on hand to supervise students. Summer interns will be expected to monitor their own behavior and confront inappropriate behavior. We expect all participants to follow all University policies and procedures, as well as Tennessee laws. There will be a mandatory 24/7 Quiet Hours policy in effect throughout the summer.
Intern Housing is available on a first come, first served basis, and a minimum stay of two weeks is required to be eligible. All housing fees must be paid in advance, prior to arrival on campus.
Please contact the Vanderbilt Conference Office at 615.343.8699 if you have any questions.
Employers and Sponsors
Through the Vanderbilt Office of Conferences, the Summer Intern Housing Program is equipped to offer a one-stop shop. Best of all, you will receive a single invoice including all services rendered. To arrange to sponsor an intern, please contact our office at 615.343.8699 and we will be happy to assist you in the application process.
- I am registering for and will be paying for my own housing by credit/debit card or cashier’s check.
- I am registering for housing that will be paid for directly by my internship.
- I am an intern sponsor with a large group and would like to register them myself
Deposits and Refunds
$250 non-refundable deposit per participant is needed with your application. All accommodations must be paid in full before check in. The Office of Conferences will provide the estimated cost and payment that must be received 15 days prior to check in. Refunds will not be issued 9 days or less than your scheduled check out.