Housing Amenities & Resources
All Summer Intern Housing Program participants will reside in on-campus buildings designated specifically for the program. Located in the heart of Nashville, Vanderbilt University is just minutes from downtown Nashville. Our gorgeous 330-acre campus is a celebrated national arboretum and home to the Garden of Great Ideas, a permanent collection of sculptures that have been generously gifted to Vanderbilt by the Newington-Cropsey Foundation. We are a comprehensive research university, providing innovative programs, state-of-the-art facilities, award-winning dining services and a supportive environment for interdisciplinary inquiry. Vanderbilt’s Office of Conferences has the resources to help you achieve your goals and ensure a successful experience.
Minors on Campus Policy - No one under 18 years of age is allowed to participate in the Vanderbilt Summer Intern Housing Program. Any guests who stay overnight with their summer housing participant must also be 18 years of age and older.
Our primary concern is to provide a clean, attractive and safe place to live while you are away from home. Vanderbilt’s residence halls are secured by automatically-locking exterior doors 24 hours a day. Exterior access is granted by magnetic keycards and individual apartment access is granted by traditional metallic keys, both of which are provided to participants at check-in.
For the Summer Internship Housing Program, the Office of Conferences provides staff members on duty around the clock. Participants need only call 615.343.8699 or visit the information desk to reach someone to assist in resolving a problem.
Conveniently located on the scenic Highland Quad, our shared apartments are within a short walk to many local eateries and other businesses. Using the magnetic keycards, participants will also be granted access to the seven (7) University libraries and the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center located just across 25th Avenue from the Highland Quad area. Parking is available for the summer for a nominal fee.
- On-site laundry facilities
- On-site parking
- Utilities (including water, electricity, and central air-conditioning)
- Custodial service in bathrooms and corridors
- Free high speed internet access (wired and wireless)
- Free university cable television service
- Access to the facilities at the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center
- Maintenance service, including emergency maintenance services
- Carpeted corridors
- Vertical blinds
- Ceramic tile baths with tub/shower
- Clothes closets
- Kitchen cabinets and Formica countertops
- Electric range
- Trash chutes on each floor
Please be aware that Vanderbilt University is a smoke-free institution, and smoking is not allowed on campus premises, except in designated locations. A map of designated locations may be found here.
Resources located near Campus
Vanderbilt University offers the convenience of a cozy residential community, in close proximity to the amenities of a large city.
Nearby businesses or attractions within walking distance include:
- Apple Market grocery store
- Starbucks and independent coffee shops
- Several chain and local restaurants, including pizza shops, grills, delis, and pubs
- Mexican, Indian, Chinese and other international cuisines are also available nearby
- Tanning, hair, and nail salons
- Tailor, dry cleaners and package laundry services
- Vanderbilt Bookstores and independent bookstores
- CVS/Pharmacy with Minute Clinic, Rite-Aid
- FedEx/Kinko’s and UPS Stores
- Belcourt Theatre
- Centennial Park, home of Tennessee’s 1897 Centennial Exposition
- Houses of Worship
- Vanderbilt University and Children’s Hospitals
- Vehicle maintenance shops
- Several national banks and ATMs