Student Mail Delivery
All student mail and packages are delivered to one central location at Station B Post Office, located in Rand Hall. This is the location of all undergraduate mailboxes, Post Office window and the package pick-up window.
We receive deliveries from the USPS three times daily, 6:30 a.m. first class mail, 9:00 a.m. Express mail and noon for certified, registered, insured, signature and delivery confirmation.
- First class mail is always posted to the student’s box daily by 10:00 a.m.
- Packages are received from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. daily.
- Packages are processed according to service level and delivery time. This is the order in which they are processed: express, insured, certified, registered, signature confirmation, delivery confirmation and ground.
- We try to have all packages received and processed by 3:00 p.m. Each student will get a package notification email.
- We require a Vanderbilt Student ID Card / Commodore Card before any package can be picked up.
- When shipping perishable items, medicines or items that need refrigeration please note this clearly on the package.
- When shipping items of importance (i.e. passports, credit cards, medical cards, checkbooks, wallets) please use some type of tracking media or signature confirmation for tracking purposes.
- Insure all valuables / contents of the package for the value of the items; if the package is lost / damaged they will only pay for the value of the items not the insured amount.
- Please use the registered name of the student when sending mail or packages. Neglecting to do so could result in the package being returned to the sender.
- DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE USPS OR CAMPUS MAIL!!! If you choose to send cash it will be at your own risk. VU Mail Services will not be responsible for cash sent through USPS or campus mail. Cash should always be delivered in person.
- Mail / packages should never be addressed to the student’s residence hall.
We also have a new policy on refrigerated items.
All refrigerated items will be held 5 business days. If the item is not picked up or we have not heard from you by the 5th business day it will be returned to sender. We will not give 2nd notifications or contact you again.
- DURING STUDENT MOVE IN you must pick up all packages sent to the trailer prior to the closing of the temporary location or your packages will be sent back return to sender with out prior notice!!