Home > Students > Student Mail > Mail Forwarding
We forward USPS mail ONLY. USPS mail can be forwarded for one year and magazines for six months.
Mail CANNOT be forwarded to addresses outside the United States.
Mail CANNOT be forwarded to another students mail box on campus.
- We do not forward mail for 5 weeks or less. This is due to the turnaround time for the USPS. If you need something forwarded to you please call (615) 322-2934 and speak to a mail services employee.
- You may come in person and use the kiosk located in Station B Post Office to forward mail or you may use our web link Click here from any computer.
- Mail may be forwarded for students who leave the campus for study abroad, medical leave, personal leave, transfer to another school, graduate, and for any other extended leave. Some restrictions may apply. We cannot forward to overseas addresses.
- Newspapers will not be forwarded; you should discontinue the subscription in advance.
- Campus mail will not be forwarded; it will be sent back to the originating department with a correct forwarding address. Because this mail has no postage applied, the originating department/person will choose at their discretion if the mail piece should be mailed to the student’s forwarding address.
- Cash should NEVER be sent through campus mail, for any reason. If you choose to do so it will be at your own risk. VU Mail Services will not be responsible for cash sent through the USPS or campus mail. Cash should always be delivered in person.
- We DO NOT forward UPS, FedEx, DHL or other common carrier delivered packages during Summer break. If you haveaccidentally sent a package to your campus address and you have forwarded your mail, unless you contact us prior to the packages arrival it will not be checked in but immediately returned to sender.