2013 First Year Move-In Mailing Instructions (2014 information to come soon)
Mail Services processes all incoming mail and packages for students, faculty, staff, and departments. Presented below is information you need to know before mailing or shipping items to campus. For more information, please visit http://www.vanderbilt.edu/mailservices .
Move-In ONLY - Special Instructions for Packages Sent to Fall 2013 First-Year Students
- Packages sent to campus for the move-in weekend must be shipped via UPS Ground or FedEx Ground ONLY.
- Please do not ship packages prior to August 8th, 2013.
- Package all items securely and add extra protection for fragile items. Use filler for empty space in boxes to avoid breakage or causing the box to collapse.
- Using the Address Format below, the student’s full given proper name and the campus address should be clearly marked on all packages. DO NOT ADDRESS PACKAGES TO A RESIDENCE HALL. Packages should be numbered (for example, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, Etc) if shipping multiple packages.
- Please use shipping boxes that your student will be able to carry/handle.
- We recommend insuring packages for the value of the contents. UPS and Fed Ex Ground insure each package for up to $100 and provide a tracking number for each package free of charge. Please note the tracking number for each package and bring tracking numbers to package pick-up for confirmation of delivery.
STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A VALID VANDERBILT ID TO CLAIM PACKAGES.
Picking Up Packages During Move-in:
Packages shipped to Vanderbilt for first-year students on/after August 8th, 2013 will be ready for pickup at the Martha Ingram Commons Lawn Tent beginning:
- Friday, August 16th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Note: There will be no access to residence halls until Saturday).
- Saturday, August 17th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (No vehicle access is permitted until move-in is completed).
We strongly suggest picking up your packages for first-year students on Friday or Saturday at the Martha Ingram Commons Lawn Tent. Assistance with transporting packages to residence halls will be provided until 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 17th only.
Any packages remaining after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 17th will be transferred to the Olin Hall Temporary Package pickup location, approximately 1 mile from the Martha Ingram Commons. We will be open Sunday at Olin Hall from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Packages shipped in for move-in (up to August 18th ) and have not been picked up by August 28th , 2013 will be returned to sender without further notice.