2014 First Year Move-In Mailing Instructions
Mail Services processes all incoming mail and packages for students, faculty, staff, and departments. Presented below is information you need to know before mailing or shipping items to campus. For more information, please visit http://www.vanderbilt.edu/mailservices . ***Incoming first-year students will recieve their 4 digit mailbox number included in their housing packet (usually mailed in late July) along with mailing instructions from Vanderbilt Mail Services (printed on goldenrod paper) on how and when to ship packages, along with helpful hints. Please follow these instructions to ensure your packages will be ready for pick-up on move in day***.
Move-In ONLY - Special Instructions for Packages Sent to Fall 2014 First-Year Students
- Packages sent to campus for the move-in weekend must be shipped via UPS Ground or FedEx Ground ONLY.
- Please do not ship packages prior to August 7th, 2014.
- Package all items securely and add extra protection for fragile items. Use filler for empty space in boxes to avoid breakage or causing the box to collapse. Packages should not weigh more than 50 pounds, unless one single item.
- Using the Address Format below, the student’s full given proper name and the campus address should be clearly marked on all packages. DO NOT ADDRESS PACKAGES TO A RESIDENCE HALL. Packages should be numbered (for example, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, Etc) if shipping multiple packages.
Name of student
PMB 35XXXX (xxxx is the student’s assigned 4-digit box number)
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville TN 37235 – xxxx (xxxx is the student’s assigned 4-digit box number)
- Please use shipping boxes that your student will be able to carry/handle.
- We recommend insuring packages for the value of the contents. UPS and Fed Ex Ground insure each package for up to $100 and provide a tracking number for each package free of charge. Please note the tracking number for each package and bring tracking numbers to package pick-up for confirmation of delivery.
STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A VALID VANDERBILT ID TO CLAIM PACKAGES.
Picking Up Packages During Move-in:
Packages shipped to Vanderbilt for first-year students on/after August 7th, 2014 will be ready for pickup at the Martha Ingram Commons Lawn Tent beginning:
- Friday, August 15th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Note: There will be no access to residence halls until Saturday).
- Saturday, August 16th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (No vehicle access is permitted until move-in is completed).
We strongly suggest picking up your packages for first-year students on Friday or Saturday at the Martha Ingram Commons Lawn Tent. Assistance with transporting packages to residence halls will be provided until 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 16th only.
Any packages remaining after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 16th will be transferred to the E. Bronson Ingram Studio Arts Center (Garland Avenue), approximately 1 mile from the Martha Ingram Commons. We will be open Sunday at the Studio Arts Center from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Packages shipped in for move-in (up to August 23rd ) and have not been picked up by August 29th, 2014, will be returned to sender without further notice.